At home natural remedies for your cat or dog
What can you do for your cat or dog, at home, in the interim of ordering Vitality Science supplements and when it arrives at your door? We have a few suggestions that can help ease the symptoms. Natural “bandaids” that give more time to a suffering animal. You must understand that our mission is to relieve the suffering of all sick animals. Our life’s purpose is to help your animal be healthy and happy naturally.
Symptoms and natural bandaids:
- Gastro-intestinal Distress:
- Organic Canned Pumpkin (no spices). Pumpkin has natural fiber and will soothe the stomach
- Organic Plain Yogurt: If you do not have a probiotic at home, you can give a small amount of yogurt for the probiotic properites
- Electrolyte Intake: Give beef or chicken bone broth (no spices or seasonings)
- Charcoal Tablets: Have these on hand for a case of accidental ingestion of a toxin
- Fasting: Withhold all food for 24-72 hours. Always make sure there is water available to drink. Fasting will reset the system. *when reintroducing food, go slow, the system needs a chance to catch up*
- Change Diet: Remove any corn, wheat, soy, chicken, beef, salmon, or duck from the diet. Download our Pet Food Recommendation Sheet below
Cancer and Immune Deficiencies:
- Fenbendazole and CBD oil: Fenbendazole is the active ingredient in Panacur-C. It is a marketed dog dewormer, but studies have found that it is so much more than that.
- It is very gentle so it can be used on cats and sensitive dogs.
- When mixed with CBD oil will block cancer receptors.
- This will not cure cancer, but it will hold it at bay. It’s like plugging a hole up in a dam.
- This mixture can give your animal time, and when provided in conjunction with The Advanced Immune Restoration Protocol or The Advanced Immune Restoration Protocol GOLD, you will see great results.
- Fenbendazole can be purchased at most local farm feed stores and on Amazon.
- We strongly recommend following package instructions for dosage. The daily deworming dosage is given continuously. Generally, the recommended dosage of Fenbendazole is 222mg per every 10lbs of the animal once a day WITH CBD oil. There are 222mg of Fenbendazole per gram of Panacur. But, again, follow package instructions or consult your vet.
- Fenbendazole has the rare chance of taxing the liver. If the animal tolerates it well then give it daily. If your animal develops signs of liver taxation, i.e. diarrhea or nausea, switch to a discontinuous administration of 3 days on/4 days off.
- Vitamin C: Liposomal Vitamin C has the best and fastest absorption into the body. If this is an emergency, use whatever you have. Even crushing up those big hard pills and putting them into the food is good enough for right now until the products are delivered. Most vitamin C is portioned out in 1000mg serving sizes (pills, capsules, or packet). Divide the dose accordingly: 60lb dog 500mg (half cap), 30lb dog 250mg (1/4 cap), etc.
- The nature of vitamin C is cold. Therefore it can be helpful in any hot swollen condition.
- You may want to do a Vitamin C “flush”. Give the recommended dose for his weight every 15 minutes until he has a bowel movement. This is the amount their body needs to deal with its specific issue. The diarrheal is an important ‘flush” of heat and toxins.
- Daily maintenance with Vitamin C should not elicit any digestive disturbance.
Beef Bone Broth (no spices or seasonings): This can help fortify and give essential nutrients to a weakened body. Bone broth can heal the digestive tract.
Open wounds or sores:
- Colloidal silver: This can be a lifesaver. It will disinfect and soothe the wound.
- Organic Canned Pumpkin (no spices): Pumpkin has natural fiber and will soothe the stomach
- Organic Coconut Oil: Cooling to the GI tract and lubricating. Most animals love the taste. Start with a small amount and increase if needed. If the animal has been constipated for over 48 hours, toxins will build up inside the body, this must be relieved immediately.
- Increase water intake: This will hydrate the bowels.
- Add more litter: Sometimes, cats will not eliminate until there is a proper amount of litter in the box. For dogs, take a walk: exercise will help the bowels to eliminate
- Organic Plain Yogurt: Add a small amount of plain yogurt if you do not have probiotics available
- Change Diet: Download the free Pet Food Recommendation Guide above.
- Miralax: This is the last resort, in my opinion. It works fast but try the other options first.
Use these at-home remedies to treat acute issues and when our products arrive, they will get to the root cause. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Do you have a natural home remedy that has worked for your animal in the past, and you would like to share it with us? Please comment below. We would love to hear from you.
I have given orphaned kittens chicken bone broth. They’ll lap it even if they haven’t been weaned. Watch out for onion powder in bone broth though, and you always have to read labels! Pedialyte glycerin suppositories for human babies work for cats that are severely constipated, and even olive oil mixed into canned food will work. I’ve used up to 3 teaspoons in a pinch where I couldn’t do anything else. The raw food diet needs fiber in addition to certain nutrients for a dog or cat, we use pumpkin.