Cats can be very finicky! However, we know the various tricks to get them to eat what they reject. All of our products have cat friendly flavors. So, it is not the taste that they are rejecting. It is the fact that it is a new taste. First, try starting with just a pinch of the products, then is that does not work try these tips below.
Tips and Tricks
To Get Very Finicky Cats To Eat
Most cats are finicky. Sometimes they will not eat our products due to the change in taste or in texture. Here are some tips and tricks that can help you get the products into your animal. Knowing that once they digest the supplements they will start to turn the corner and down the path of healing.
1) Try Forti Flora or Proviable powder as a taste enhancer. They are both widely available probiotics (Amazon and many others) with a taste that is irresistible to most cats. The fact that they are also probiotics is regardless of their power to convince cats to eat whatever else is associated with them.
2) Try putting some catnip herb on the food. Meowijuana (spray bottle) is a very effective brand of catnip.
3) Try using a little canned tuna, tuna juice or liver paste to make it sort of like a treat.
4) Try Kitty Kaviar (a fish extract available from Amazon)
5) If you are only feeding dry, try mixing powders into coconut oil and putting on food.
Mix some of any one or several of these products into their food along with our supplements.
Experiment with amounts. Start with a tiny amount. Almost all cats find at least one of these products irresistible and will eat our products when mixed with these.
6) If nothing else works, you are left with syringing the cat. Mix a little liquid into the dry material to make a slurry. Wrap cat in towel. Carefully inject slurry into side of cat’s mouth so that the material is swallowed and not inhaled.
7) If your animal will not take to any of these suggestions and in the more of dire cases. Mix the supplements with water. Make it into a paste and put it on the roof of their mouths or on their paws (so they will be forced to lick it off)
The most important thing is to get your animal to ingest these products. This is when they will start to feel better and start to heal.
Remember if we can help you with anything else please feel free to contact the Free Pet Health Hotline 575-758-3985 or [email protected]